On Sunday, March 10, participants jumped on spin bikes at Spin4Heroes, powered by Roche, to pedal for four hours and support this crucial Heroes Foundation fundraising event. Over $85,000 was raised — pushing us beyond our fundraising goal and generating funding that will provide support to cancer patients, education to promote cancer prevention and resources to advance research for a cure!
For the first time in its 9-year history, Spin4Heroes offered cancer fighters a way to participate remotely. In contrast to our traditional 4-person spin teams, this 1-person registration created a way for individual cancer fighters of all ages, near and far, to be active for the Indiana cancer community. Individuals simply signed up, raised money to support their efforts, and got active! The bike, running shoes, or yoga mat was just the vehicle to achieve our end-goal! Look for more info to come soon on the launch of the 2020 Spin4Heroes remote program.
Congratulations to the 2019 Spin4Heroes Award Winners:
- First Place Fundraising Team – Audrey’s Army
- Second Place Fundraising Team – Women’s Racing Project
- Top Mileage Team (Women) – Women’s Racing Project
- Top Mileage Team (Men) – Audrey’s Army
- Top Mileage Team (Co-ed) – Roche COLT
- Spirit Award – CX Girls
We could not stage an event of this scope without the generous support of our sponsors:
2019 SPIN4HEROES EVENT SPONSORS
2019 Spin4Heroes, Powered by Roche
- Tour Sponsor: Taft Law
- Stage Sponsors: HPD-Healthcare Product Delivery, The Brookfield Group, Delta Faucet, UnitedHealthOne, Bose McKinney & Evans, Vesalius Health & Sport, ICA Group, Peloton Wealth Strategists, OrthoIndy
- Prologue Sponsors: Accessa, Tito’s Handmake Vodka, Bedel Financial Consulting, Van Rooy Companies, Superior, The caregivers and researchers of the IU Simon Cancer Center, IU Health Foundation, eimagine Technology Group, Community Health Network, BKD Wealth Advisors, St. Vincent Ascension, Turner Construction, AcromaPro
2019 HEROES FOUNDATION SUMMIT SPONSORS
- Denali Sponsors: Accessa, Lilly Oncology, The Brookfield Group, AcromaPro
- Kilimanjaro Sponsors: Tito’s Handmade Vodka, Bedel Financial, HPD-Healthcare Product Delivery, Van Rooy Companies, ICA Group, Roche, Superior, The caregivers and researchers of the IU Simon Cancer Center, IU Health Foundation, eimagine Technology Group, Community Health Network, BKD Wealth Advisors, St. Vincent Ascension, UnitedHealthOne
Additional thanks to:
- The Indianapolis Colts for their generosity in allowing us to host Spin4Heroes at the Indiana Farm Bureau Football Center.
- The many in-kind donors that provided support, participant and raffle prizes, we are so very grateful!
- Our event volunteers who gave of their time and energy to make this year’s event such a huge success
- Our friends at HotBox Pizza – thank you for feeding so many hungry participants, their friends and family members #HBXCares
In 2020, we will stage our 10th anniversary Spin4Heroes event. Stay tuned for more information as the planning continues for next year’s event.
For more information, please contact Elizabeth at email@example.com