The Heroes Foundation is hiring. Are you a fit for our Program & Event Manager position?
Program & Event Manager
The Heroes Foundation exists because of people who confronted cancer and fought the good fight. The spirit, determination, and commitment of these people to survive are the legacies and characteristics that spurred the Foundation. The HF is seeking to hire a Program & Event Manager to provide successful event coordination, planning and implementation for a few of the Foundation’s signature events which are key to the organization’s annual fundraising efforts. In addition, this position would manage the Project Militia Program.
• Ensures successful event planning, operations and execution including coordinating all logistics and planning, while identifying opportunities to amplify events across multiple platforms.
• Builds and maintains relationships with key stakeholders, including the HF board, volunteers, event committee, event venue, sponsors, and community partners, etc.
• Works with Executive Director, other P&E Manager, board of directors, committee members and volunteers, identifies strategies to support initiatives to expand existing programs to reach our organizational goals.
• Utilizes, updates and assist with database records administration, automated communication, applicant tracking and system maintenance.
• May assume other duties as required.
1. A bachelor’s degree preferred.
2. Three-five years of event coordination/project management experience, including defining development strategy, coordinating and leading volunteers preferably in a nonprofit environment.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
1. Proficiency in Microsoft Office programs and web-based software.
2. Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
3. Must be able to give professional presentations, speak at meetings and address groups and serve as a representative of the programs and the Heroes Foundation.
If you look like a potential candidate for this position, please contact the Heroes Foundation at firstname.lastname@example.org.