To provide meaningful support to cancer patients, education to promote cancer prevention and resources to advance research for a cure.
Dear Friends and Heroes,
It’s an amazing feeling to be celebrating our 15th anniversary this year. While our accomplishments have certainly exceeded my expectations from 2001, when I lay on a couch recovering from another chemo treatment, the vision for what could lie ahead over the next 15 years — and beyond — is nothing short of exciting.
2014 was another year of positive growth and milestones for the Heroes Foundation.
- Surpassing $200,000 at the An Evening With Heroes gala, where we welcomed Stuart Scott to our Heroes Foundation family.
- Local research projects received critical start-up capital to investigate potentially life-changing hunches.
- Team Heroes growing to more than 150 people strong, and racking up impressive results at cycling, running and triathlon events.
- Project Militia dispensing hundreds of bottles of sunscreen and tubes SPF lip balm.
- Team JOEY delivering hundreds of LEGO kits to inpatient pediatric oncology patients.
These accomplishments and our continued growth trend into 2015 would not be possible without volunteers who are critical to our mission. The 2014 increase in our corporate sponsorship family was highly impactful and flattering. We look for this growth and engagement to continue to increase in the years ahead as our brand builds awareness locally and nationally.
While there is much to be thankful for, there is also much more work to be done in our three core areas:
Think about this, 2.4 million Indiana residents, or two out of every five people living in Indiana, will eventually develop cancer. I can tell you that the Heroes Foundation is not taking this statistic lightly and is currently taking bold steps to increase the success of our mission, guided by an ambitious, innovative vision that will make a powerful impact on Central Indiana.
Come join us!
Vince Todd, Jr.
Chairman and Co-Founder